Monday 13 July 2015

MAC Studio finish SPF 35 concealer review






Hi all, I purchased the MAC Studio finish concealer about a month ago after a friend recommended it but warned it was very thick and a little cakey for everyday so I bought it with the intention of using it only for nights out etc yet I have actually ended up using it everyday since then. Here is my review of the product. I use the shade NC15 and brought it from the MAC website for £15.50, buy it here http://www.maccosmetics.co.uk/product/shaded/157/314/Products/Face/Concealer/Studio-Finish-SPF-35-Concealer/index.tmpl
MAC  description
A lightweight, creamy, discreetly opaque concealer. Provides a smooth, long-wearing invisible coverage for all skin blemishes. Water-resistant, fragrance-free and non-blemishgenic. This emollient-based, lightweight concealer is so concentrated that a tiny amount can provide opaque coverage of the skin's imperfections and discolourations. It effectively covers dark circles, blemishes, moles, tattoos and birthmarks. Enriched with antioxidants (derivatives of Vitamin A and Vitamin E), it also contains Silica to help adsorb the skin's oils. Concealer has an SPF of 35 and is available in a wide range of colours. It can be applied with a medium to firm fibre brush (try the 242 Brush), a latex sponge, or the fingertips.


Coverage:
This concealer really does provide the best coverage of any I have ever used, It covers up all my blemishes and under eye circles, occasionally I task it with covering a face scratch my kitten has given me and it manages that too. If redness is the main reason you are after a high coverage concealer I would recommend going for one of MAC's 'NW' shades, as the pinkish tones in NW (not warm) will help cover up any redness. If dark purplish bluey under eye circles are your issue like mine then the yellowy tones in the 'NC' shades will help with this.
When I use this concealer for everyday make up looks I use my finger to apply it as this warms the product up and makes it much easier to blend seamlessly into your face, it also gives a more natural finish.
For a night out I apply it with a stiffer concealer brush to ensure full coverage, yet it is slightly harder to blend this way, I just use the very end of a beauty blender sponge to blend the edges of the area I have covered into my face. 

Texture:
This concealer is very thick and can be tricky to apply, like I said before it does provide great coverage around my eyes but I always have to use very little concealer and set with powder as it can crease around the eye area. I have used a little too much some days and it can look very unnatural if not used sparingly around the eyes, which really isn't too much of a problem as you need so little product anyway. I really wouldn't recommend for anyone with dry skin as it does cling to any of those dry flaky patches.

Lasting Power:
MAC are not wrong when they describe this concealer as 'water resistant'; it really does last all day and can survive sweaty work outs or tearful Marley and Me movie nights. It is also pretty transfer resistant which is a rarity in thick, high coverage products.

Price:
I was a little put off at paying £15.50 for such a small concealer initially, but I do feel now that it is easily one of MAC's most reasonably priced products, considering how little product is required for the amount of coverage it provides. I have had mine for a month, used it every day and have still only made a little dip in the pot.

Drop me a comment or message me at sandersonemma@outlook,com if any of you have also used this concealer and let me know what you think

Thanks for reading, Emma xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS